Tuesday 2 March 2010

#thirty30

77 Million Paintings by Brian Eno. Image: Lumen London
We're gearing up for the Brian Eno show 77 Million Paintings which has its preview on April 1 and opens the next day. I worked out today (March 2) that from tomorrow it's 30 days to the preview. I've also been thinking about different things that we could do to build on last year's work around social media and the arts and putting the two together I came up with the idea of 30 days - 30 tweets. Essentially I'm planning a series of 30 tweets, one per day, about the show. They might be facts, observations, links, pictures, audio clips. The tweets might touch on the practicalities of the process of putting the show together, some of the themes, interviews with people involved, the artist, etc. The aim is that they'll have a light touch. Although the primary platform that I'll be focussing on is Twitter the tweets will also be expanded for Facebook.

Then I thought it'd be great to hashtag them so they become findable and at the end of the time form an online resource. Hopefully on the way they'll be an entertaining and informative way to get people engaged with the show. The hashtag is #thirty30.
As per usual I'll report back at the end and give some thoughts on how it turned out but I'd love to hear any thoughts in the meantime.

No comments: